Wednesday, September 15, 2010

1958 Chevrolet Impala Convertible

A long, long time ago in an early Sixties suburb far, far away, my Dad arrived home from work one magical summer's eve at the wheel of a Silver Blue 1958 Impala two-door hardtop. He was "test driving" it, he said, an idea that immediately appealed to me with its boundless possibilities. Dad wound up choosing another more practical car in which to transport my Mom and we five kids, but by that time I was already smitten by the '58, which along with the '59 has remained one of my favorite full-size American cars.

This 1958 Chevrolet Impala 348 automatic convertible is one of 27 select vehicles from the David and Pauline Haas Collection, all of which will be offered at no reserve at the Mecum St. Charles Auction, September 16-19, 2010 at the Pheasant Run Resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment